So we've made it to 36 weeks. 4 more weeks to go and I am hoping this little one takes after her Mom and grandpa in relation to timeliness, none of the leisurely arrival times that her aunts, grandma and Dad prefer.
I can’t decide which is worse, the first few months of constant nausea or this last month of back pain, swollen hands and feet, and sleeping in 3 hour blocks. Chris kindly handed over control of the thermostat to me so at night he is bundled up in a heavy blanket while I sleep with just a sheet and the thermostat set at about 70 degrees. Here is an updated picture. It was taken last night after our final pre-natal class. Boy were those enlightening. I especially liked the birthing films, I don't think you could pay me enough to let a professional film crew in to the labor room. I have already threatened Chris that no videos or still photography will be allowed until after the baby is born.
I think we have finally narrowed down the name choices: Kiley or Megan and most likely Jane for a middle name. I wanted to name her after all the Melo girls, but Chris assured me that Janea Ann Nicole Emma Porter was too long of a name. Then Samantha pointed out that the first letter of each of our middle names (except Mom) spelled Jane. So I decided that was just as cool.
The other, just as noteworthy, news is Chris finally got one of his biggest wishes fulfilled. We went to a BYU vs SDSU baseball game (thanks for the idea Syd) and he managed to get Tony Gwynn, one of his all time favorite ball players, to autograph a bat we bought in Cooperstown, NY. We were in NY for a friend’s wedding and as part of our honeymoon, the trip coincided with Tony Gwynn’s induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame so we stayed a little longer and attended all the festivities. As a result Chris, has been dancing around like a Mexican jumping bean and bragging to anybody who will listen.
I think we have finally narrowed down the name choices: Kiley or Megan and most likely Jane for a middle name. I wanted to name her after all the Melo girls, but Chris assured me that Janea Ann Nicole Emma Porter was too long of a name. Then Samantha pointed out that the first letter of each of our middle names (except Mom) spelled Jane. So I decided that was just as cool.
The other, just as noteworthy, news is Chris finally got one of his biggest wishes fulfilled. We went to a BYU vs SDSU baseball game (thanks for the idea Syd) and he managed to get Tony Gwynn, one of his all time favorite ball players, to autograph a bat we bought in Cooperstown, NY. We were in NY for a friend’s wedding and as part of our honeymoon, the trip coincided with Tony Gwynn’s induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame so we stayed a little longer and attended all the festivities. As a result Chris, has been dancing around like a Mexican jumping bean and bragging to anybody who will listen.
5 comments:
What--no voting button for Slurbadina?! ;)
He tried, but I vetoed that one early on.
I was puffy by the end too, it is awful! My mom couldn't get over how HUGE my feet were. I am sure you are more than ready to have the little one on the outside! Is there anything you need? I don't want to get you something you don't need:)
Thank goodness for flip flops!
Thanks to Nicky and Sammi we have a lot of the essentials. You have had a new one more recently than any of us, anything you wish you had more of?
Also I need a new address for you.
For some odd reason I had no 9 months clothes, very strange because I had a ton of everything else up to 12 months. I will email you the address.
Post a Comment