Monday, January 4, 2010

Sierra Vista

I still have some pictures from Thanksgiving that I need to post, but I can't seem to find them right now so I am posting pictures from our Christmas vacation. One benefit of being a school teacher is I get a long Christmas break. We decided to spend this Christmas visiting as much family as possible. We started our trip with a few days in Blanding, UT with my sister and then drove ten hours to my parents' house in Arizona. It was nice to be home again. Even if only for a short while. Kiley enjoyed herself as well. She got to do lots of fun things. Including going to "The Cove". For those of you unfamiliar with Sierra Vista, it is an indoor pool. Kiley took to the water like a fish. They have a little kid slide there, that she had a blast on. You can't tell in this picture but she manages to get herself sitting down and on her way down the slide all alone.

The look on her face was so cute, I just had to provide a close up of it. While at the pool she also enjoyed splashing and stomping the water.

And then this was the scene the next day! We actually got snow in Sierra Vista. Since my parents have a fenced in back yard we let her go outside and play in it. It was her first time playing in the snow. Which she can actually say "snow", it is one of her many words. Chris and I are pretty sure she learns a new one just about every day. She enjoyed rolling around in the snow and even tried to eat some.

One of her other favorite past times was riding on Grandma and Grandpa's rocking horse. The first couple of times she needed a little bit of help. By the second day she had it all figured out. Here she is riding it all by herself.



Thanks Mom and Dad for such a wonderful visit.

No comments: