Sometime in late April (8 months old) Clinton mastered the art of army crawling. He got to the point that he was quite good at it and very fast. We had to very careful about where we left him and for how long. For some time Chris and I were not sure he was even going to learn to crawl on his hands and knees. It was so fun to watch him move around. Although Kiley did not always enjoy the fact that he could get in to whatever he wanted to now. This was her way of dealing with it.
Don’t worry Clinton was not harmed in the taking of this picture. I had to take it before I rescued him though. It was too unique not to.
Army crawling his way in to trouble.
At his 9 month appointment I was a little concerned because he was not crawling on his hands and knees, getting himself in to a sitting position, or pulling himself up to a standing position. Within the two weeks after his 9 month appointment he was doing all of the above. I should know better than to worry. He has started cruising along the couch but still does not have the balance to stand up on his own. I am hoping he waits until after we are back together in Utah to start walking.
For those who are tracking his growth here are some stats for you.
6 months:
Length: 27in (75%)
Weight: 17lbs 9 oz (50%)
Head Circ: 44.5 cm (75%)
9 months:
Length: 29.25 in (75%)
Weight: 20lbs 5 oz (49%)
Head Circ: 46.7 % (77%)
It looks like he might still have the Porter height after all, but doesn't appear as though he will be as skinny as your typical Porter, might be built a little bit more like a Randall. He just has about nine more pounds to go and he will weight as much as his sister. Chris and I are thinking that by Christmas he probably will weight almost as much as her.
Well thanks for making it through all these updates. Hopefully I will have pictures up from Kiley's birthday in the next couple of days.
No comments:
Post a Comment