Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Nicky Visits

So we are finally getting around to updating the blog again.

Chris is done with school and we should hopefully be receiving his degree in the mail any day now! Now the fun begins with him having to take the GRE and write grad school application essays. We finally put the crib together the other day and we have the car seat ready to go and the hospital bag is just about packed! Just six more weeks until the due date.


Nicky, Sterling, and Travis came to visit this weekend. It was fun to get to hang out with them. Chris has Travis addicted to the Wii and I managed to get him hooked on a computer game. It's amazing how quickly he learns things. We did manage to get him out of the house and on the playset for a couple hours everyday. Here is a picture of him and Sterling swinging on their backs.


We took another picture of Nicky and me. I am at 33 weeks and Nicky is 22 weeks along. It is going to be a busy summer for Grandma with the new babies to help out with. This is the first time she has had two this close together.
You can see I am going to have to start borrowing Chris's t-shirts, mine don't fit very well anymore.
Besides the swollen feet and hands I am still doing well. I definitely tire out much more easily and heartburn is occuring much more frequently. I have learned that soft serve vanilla ice cream (or milk) helps ease some of the discomfort! Still no weird cravings to send Chris to fulfill in the middle of the night, it looks like he might get off pretty easy there.
The tapeworm has been very active lately, she likes to squirm around a lot and make my belly move. Every once in a while you can feel an elbow or a knee as she squirms.
We still haven't decided on a name. I think we have about seven candidates for a first name and two for a middle name. So we are making a little bit of progress. For those of you who haven't heard Nicky found out this weekend that she is having a boy. After seeing her ultrasound Chris and I are a little bit more convinced that we might really be having a girl.

In case you haven't heard the other good news, I got offered a full-time tenure track faculty position starting in the fall. I will be teaching pre-algebra through intermediate algebra classes. I am hoping I will like it better than the advising. I know for sure I am going to enjoy the more flexible hours and better pay.

2 comments:

The Melo's said...

Good update. Congrats on the degree and the new job! Does the new job mean you will be staying in Utah longer than you thought?

Unknown said...

Thank you, it's nice to have it over with. As for the new job, I doubt it will keep us here as neither of us are in love with the Utah lifestyle. It will be nice to have Evelyn around more and more money in the coffers.