Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Summer Vacation - Maryland

We have had a very busy summer. We spent the 4th of July at the Melo Family Reunion (failed to bring a camera!). But enjoyed spending time with lots of family. It is always great to catch up and Kiley loves playing in the dirt with her cousins.

After the Melo Reunion we headed to Maryland for a few days. I finally got to show Kiley and Chris the Naval Academy. It was fun to walk around and show them the windows of my rooms ( can't show them the actual rooms) and some of the places where I marched, trained, and relaxed. I also stocked up on Naval Academy gear.

I think this is the only group shot we took the entire time we were on the East Coast. This is Chris, Kiley and me in T-court.

Kiley and I in front of "Bill" She was not real cooperative after a long hot day of walking around in the humidity.


While we were in Maryland we went to an Orioles game. Chris is one ballpark closer to watching a game in every major league ballpark. Unfortunately the Nationals were away the entire time we were out east so we will have to catch a game there on another trip. Kiley's favorite part was the playground they had for little kids.

I also enjoyed the chance to catch up with old friends. I love that no matter how much time passes between visits we are able to catch up and then continue on like no time has passed at all.

No comments: