Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Things Kiley says

Sorry no pictures with this post, but I had to post this before I forget. Trust me when I tell you that the pregnancy has definitely affected my ability to remember things.
We were getting Kiley ready to take a bath a couple of nights ago which involves having her go potty. So she is in our bathroom playing, instead of going potty when she closes our bathroom door. I said to her, "do you want a little privacy?". She immediately opened the door and said, "yes, please!" and looked to me to hand her something. After Chris and I finished laughing we tried to explain to her what the word meant.

Just as endearing, we have been working on getting her to say prayers. She still refuses to cooperate at meal time, but at night she insists it is her turn. So Chris and I help her with a simple little prayer. This evening when we said it was prayer time she started all by herself "Dear Heavenly Father, we thank thee for this day..." and finished it all by herself as well. They really do learn so quickly.

Kiley likes to play with her "daddy doggy" (Chris pretending to be a dog). This evening Chris asked her if she would rather have a real dog or a daddy dog. She responded by informing us that she would rather have a daddy dog. She then told us how she had got him from the animal shelter (her words) and that she "had to talk to the lady at the animal shelter, to make sure that she could take him home," with her.

She is such a riot and constantly keeps Chris and I entertained. It is fun watching her grow and relate to the world around her.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Cute! I'll admit to wishing that privacy came in cute little packages some days. ;)