Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Changing of the Seasons



   Since we were gone for most of the summer, we weren't able to take advantage of some of the benefits of living in Utah. (National Parks, camping, etc.)  But we came home from our last trip to the changing of the seasons.  This year we made sure that we took advantage of the opportunities to enjoy nature and it's beauty at this time of year.
The trail around Payson Lake in its autumnal splendor.
   We packed a family picnic and headed for the Nebo Loop and Payson Lakes.  Kiley enjoyed walking the short trail that ringed the lake and "feeding" the lake rocks and dirt.  Clinton generally enjoyed being outside and getting to ride in the baby carrier that we brought along.
Kiley on the lakeshore
   I appreciate Evelyn's patience with me as I snapped my photos.  Luckily, she knew when she packed us up that I would spend half of our walk taking pictures with our new camera.  I'm glad that she's accepting of my amateur shutterbug status.
Since we were up high in the treeline, we were mostly surrounded by aspens.  This is the only photo of all the other colors that were present on the mountain.
Fallen leaves along the trailway.
Panorama of the north side of Payson Lake.

No comments: