Sunday, August 12, 2012

Garden of the Gods


   The day after the Color Run and our trip to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo we toured the Garden of the Gods.  It is actually a city park and is free for all to enjoy.  I wish more beautiful places were like this.  If you ever find yourselves near Colorado Springs I would highly recommend it as the scenery is beautiful and there are lots of trails to hike.
This is a photo of the large formation at the center of the park.  There is a road
that circles it and it is quite impressive as you drive around it's base.

The family and Teri's sister at "balancing" rock.  The
roadway runs right below it so some strategic shoring
up had been done on the back side.
Another view of the scenery at the park.  The redrock was beautiful, and
I hadn't realized it went this far east.
The kids really enjoyed crawling around on the rocks.
The parents, not always so much.  Kiley and Milana
in a "cave".


No comments: