Monday, March 24, 2008

The Tapeworm Goes to Blanding

We were able to get away for a quick weekend trip to Blanding, UT this weekend to celebrate Easter "Saturday" (in Blanding apparently the Easter Bunny comes early, since it SO far out of the way) with Nicky and Kevin and their kids. As you can see the Easter morning carnage was of an appropriate scale. After the children revived from their sugar coma Kevin and I took them to take their new kites out for a test flight at the nearby elementary school. We managed to get the kites all the way out to the end of their tethers thanks to a stiff wind. The only mishap was when Travis foolishly trusted Uncle "Tris" to fly his kite while he went to watch his brother flying his. A gust came up and ripped the small handle from my hands. Rather than falling to the ground as I expected, the kite kept going! Too avoid disaster I had to take off at a full sprint across the playground and attempt a flying tackle of the errant kite string. Luckily, my cat-like reflexes came in handy and I snagged the kite and saved the day. However, not without getting a lovely grass stain on my new pair of pajama bottoms. Sniff...

Sunday was an opportunity to recognize Sterling as he was ordained to the Aaronic Priesthood. I know that the whole family is proud of him living his life so that he is worthy of this responsibility. Following church services we were lucky enough to be included in Travis' Easter Pinata activity. I hope that you will all recognize my willingness to risk life and limb to hold the Pinata on a VERY short tether.

Now, I'm sure that there are a great many of you who would like an update on the progress of both new babies. It seems that all is going well. Evelyn is into the home stretch (I crack myself up) and the baby is getting bigger all the time. We now have to see the doctor every two weeks to monitor the progress of our little one. Nicky is planning on coming up in April to have her ultrasound done and we are looking forward to having the Black family come for a visit. In order to sate the thirst you all have for picture of mom to be, we took a picture with both mothers showing off their growing babies (and bellies!)

3 comments:

The Melo's said...

Thanks for the update! It looks like you guys had fun in Blanding, it is nice to be able to be with family for the holidays. The pregnant girls look so cute together, how fun to be pregnant with your sister!

Aubrey said...

Hey just found your blog through facebook! Congrats on the baby!!!!!

Unknown said...

Yeah, it was a lot of fun to visit and play with the kids.