Friday, March 6, 2009

A watched pot never boils ...

So does that mean a much anticipated tooth never grows in? It seems like we have been waiting for forever for Kiley's first tooth to grow in. We first noticed a little swelling about a month ago and lately her gums have been red. Then on the few occasions she lets me put my finger in her mouth (never mind that my finger use to be her favorite toy) you can feel something is there. But it just won't break through. I don't know if this is a good thing or not. I have to admit (knock on wood) that to this point she has not been unusually grumpy so I am counting my blessings for that. Who knows maybe it will be in by the time we get to see far-away Grandma and Papa or Grandma Porter later this month. Yeah for visiting with family!
I am starting to think that we should not have taken to calling her "monkey", because sometimes she acts like she really is a monkey. It is amazing what she manages to get herself in to . Her are some pictures of our mischievous monkey.




In one case she has managed to entangle herself in a kitchen chair. We had them arranged to prevent her from getting in to the back of the apartment. She enjoys finding new ways and places to be mischievous. You can see how well that worked, she figured her way right through.
In the other picture she has managed to get herself stuck on the bottom shelf of one of our end tables. I had to stuff it with a pillow so she can't get herself stuck anymore!

No comments: