Tuesday, June 10, 2008

It's a GIRL!!

Well after 22 long hours of labor she finally arrived at 8:08AM on June 8th. We did finally decide on Kiley Jane Porter. She was 7 lbs 1 oz and 19.5 inches. Both Mom and Baby are doing well. Baby likes to cuddle almost as much as her dad. We have some pictures to post and a video, but I will have to leave the posting of the video to Chris because it needs a little editing and I don't know how to do that, plus I am ready for another nap.

I am sure there will be plenty more information and pictures to follow, she has quickly become dad's favorite subject.




This is a picture of me sometime during the very early hours of the morning. We thought we would try a before and after picture. The after pictures are all in video form, so those will follow in the days to come.





These are some pictures shortly after we got in to our new room. Kiley is about 3 hours old here. You can see she has dark brown hair. It isn't very thick, but it is kind of long. You can't tell very well from these pictures but she also has incredibly long fingers and toes for the size she is. Her longest finger is almost as long as the palm of her hand. I guess she gets those from the Porter family. The nurses in the nursery kept "sticking" little bows in her hair, but they always managed to fall out and mom and dad were perfectly happy with that.





Thanks to everybody for your help and support. We promise to post more pictures of as we get them and the next series will include one with dad and his new favorite girl. He is definitely smitten.












Here is little Kiley Jane's internet debut. It is a montage of video from the delivery room showing Kiley's arrival, check-up by doctors, and reunion with mom. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Millie Motts said...

Congratulations!! She's a darling. Get some rest and I'll catch you when you resurface. ;)

Porters said...

Congratulations on your Baby Girl! She is so cute, mom and baby look wonderful. We wish you guys the very best and all the happiness with having a little one in the house!