Chris and I were in the computer room looking at houses when Kiley came in the room continually picking her nose, kind of a common thing right now. I told her that picking our noses was yucky and to please stop. She was a little agitated and kept telling me she had something in her nose. I asked her if she had a booger in her nose and she said no. At this point she is getting more agitated and still picking her nose, so I go get a tissue and have her blow, but nothing comes out. She is getting more and more agitated so I ask her what is wrong and she says, "mommy I have a peanut in my nose". It was actually quite well said for a two year old. We have plenty of experience in my family with kids sticking things in their noses. So I look in her nose, but don't see anything. So I get her to blow her nose one more time but still nothing. I start to walk away because at this point I think she is crazy. I tell her to use her words to tell me what is wrong, again she says "mommy, I have a peanut in my nose". Of course after looking and not seeing anything I walk away. Thankfully Chris believes her and pins her down. As I look in her nose from a different angle, sure enough there was something in her nose. Not a peanut, but a tiny little ball from the stuffing of a stuffed animal that has a hole in it. As I am preparing to take her to the local after hours care center, Chris was finally able to get her to blow hard enough that it came out. Needless to say we found the guilty animal and put him up until he gets fixed. Now I just hope that we found all the other "peanuts".
Never a dull moment!
No comments:
Post a Comment